Cultivate is a one-day intensive designed to practically shift peacemaking from esoteric theory and aspiring value to costly, embodied reality.
Upcoming Cultivate Intensives
08:30 am – 09:00 am :: Registration
09:00 am – 10:15 am :: Session 1 – Mission of God is Reconciliation
10:15 am – 10:30 am :: Break
10:30 am – 11:45 am :: Session 2 – Everyday Peacemaking Practices: SEE & IMMERSE
11:45 am – 01:15 pm :: Lunch (we will walk to nearby restaurants)
01:15 pm – 02:30 pm :: Session 3 – Everyday Peacemaking Practices: CONTEND & RESTORE
02:30 pm – 02:45 pm :: Break
02:45 pm – 04:00 pm :: Session 4 – Cultivating the Inner Life of a Peacemaker
Through a fusion of engaging content, dialogue-based learning, simple experiments, and communal reflection, our Cultivate Intensive will help you:
- form a robust theology of peacemaking as the mission of God
- develop the vision to see the humanity, dignity, and image of God in others as well as what’s beautiful and broken within your everyday spaces
- learn to humbly and compassionately enter into the radical center of conflict
- imagine costly, creative ways to contribute to the flourishing of the “other”
- understand how to utilize resources and networks to rehabilitate & reintegrate
- discover how to mobilize a peacemaking movement within your organization, community, and/or context.
- learn how to cultivate the interior world of a peacemaker
Each Cultivate Intensive features local peacemakers who are waging peace within the the most broken places and systems in your city and/or region. We partner with cross-sector leaders, faith communities and non-profit organizations in urban centers throughout the country to tailor make the Cultivate Intensive for your context. Please contact us to inquire about hosting a Cultivate intensive in your faith community, organization, or city.