6/12/2016 WEBINAR | Orlando Massacre – A Lament & Response
June 14, 2016
Conflict Transformation, Everyday Peacemaking, Reconciliation, Webinar
Sunday, June 12th was a historic day in America for all the wrong reasons. As of the time of this writing, there are 49 confirmed dead and dozens more injured in a mass shooting in a Orlando gay nightclub. The shooter claims to be Muslim, connected to ISIS and acting out of idealogical fidelity. The LGBTQ community is traumatized and in pain. The Muslim community is riddled with the fear of backlash in their schools, parks and workplace. In the meantime, many are using this moment to posture and promote their political, religious or ideological platform. The God that looked like Jesus is weeping and so should the Church.
In this free Global Immersion one-hour webinar, we will host a panel of leaders who will offer us needed perspective on how to lament, accompany and move toward those impacted by this tragedy as instruments of peace.
Facilitator: Jon Huckins, Co-Founding Director of Global Immersion @jonhuckins @globalimmerse
- Shane Claiborne – Author of Executing Grace and Co-Director of Red Letter Christians @ShaneClaiborne
- Dr. David Gushee – Author of Changing Our Mind and professor of Christian Ethics at Mercer University @dpgushee
- Sarah Merk-Benitez – Coordinator of Volunteer Resources at San Diego LGBT Community Center @smerkbenitez
- Ani Zonneveld – Founder and President of Muslims for Progressive Values @AniZonneveld
- John Cunningham – Executive Director of National Aids Memorial Grove