Israel/Palestine is a place of great meaning to people all over the world, especially followers of the Abrahamic faiths; Judaism, Christianity and Islam. In this “holy land,” peace has been fleeting and war has become a regular reality. It is a place of hope and expectation as well as hopelessness and sorrow. In this land of complex contradictions the ancient conflict between Abraham’s children can still be felt like a fresh wound.
Our Israel/Palastine Conflict Immersion trip isn’t a typical “Holy Land” tour, it’s a formational journey that:
- Immerses you into the middle or a foreign conflict
- Offers you access to the “holy land” as well as to the seemingly inaccessible Israeli Jews, Palestinian Christians and Palestinian Muslims who are actively pursuing peace separately and together.
- Reshapes the way you understand your own faith and that of others
- Empowers you to build collaborative, interfaith relationships within your own context.
- Trains you for a life of Everyday Peacemaking.
April 16 – 23 (arrival on the 15th)
$2900 + flight
Registration Due Date: February 2, 2018
Day 1: Arrive (Ben Gurion International Airport, Tel Aviv)
Day 2: Orient to Jerusalem & the Conflict
Day 3: Israel’s Journey, Yad Vashem & Peacemaking Settlers
Day 4: Palestine’s Story, Al Nokba, Refugees, & non-violent resistance
Day 5: Hebron: Where stories collide (Monotheistic Peacemakers)
Day 6: Christian Peacemakers
Day 7: Galilee: The Peacemaker’s neighborhood
Day 8: Debrief & Integration in Tel Aviv
Day 9: Depart (Ben Gurion International Airport, Tel Aviv)